Photoshop Elements: Orange and Teal Look
In this lesson, learn how to create a cinematic orange and teal look for your image.
The orange and teal look is very popular in cinema and photos, especially landscape photos with blue skies and golden tones. The orange and teal look can also look good on some portraits.
To create the orange and teal look:
- Open a photo and make basic adjustments before applying this look.
- In the Layers panel, create a new Hue/Saturation adjustment layer.
- In the Adjustments panel, set the Master channel to -20.
- From the drop-down list, select Reds. Set the Reds channel to +20.
- From the drop-down list, select Blues. Set the Blues channel to -20.
- Optionally, in the Layers panel, set the blending mode to Color.
- If desired, reduce the effect by lowering the Opacity of the adjustment layer.
To finish the look, add a faded effect:
- In the Layers panel, create a new Levels adjustment layer.
- Set the Output Levels to Black 20 and White 235.